(Updated July, 2015 with questions and nomination from The Garbage Man Reviews!)
Some time ago (okay, it was a long time ago, and I’m bad for putting this off for so long… sorry!), I was nominated by Otaku Daydreams for the Liebster Award!
I’m really honoured and happy to be nominated, and will be answering 11 questions about myself and my blog. The award is a great way to get to know the individuals behind the blogs we all read, and to explore new blogs. Hope you enjoy!
To accept the award, I have to fulfill these conditions:
– the bloggers that have been nominated must link back to the person that nominated them
– nominees must answer the eleven questions given to them by the person who nominated them
– those nominated must choose eleven of their fave bloggers that have less than 200 followers to answer their own set of questions
– when you are nominated you cannot nominate the person that nominated you
– after nominating your faves you need to drop them a comment telling them that you nominated them
Here are my answers to Otaku Daydreams (May, 2014) questions:
1. What was the first anime you’ve watched?
I think it was the dubbed version of Samurai Pizza Cats, followed closely by Dragonball, Sailor Moon, and Gundam Wing! As for more “serious” anime, I would guess Trigun, Evangelion, or Cowboy Bebop.
2. If you’re stranded on an island, what are three things you want with you?
Other than food, water, and shelter? I would say a laptop, an internet connection, and a drawing tablet….
3. How did you choose your blog title?
Itadakimasu is what is usually said before commencing a meal in Japan, and translates literally into “I humbly receive”. Saying itadakimasu also expresses gratitude for the meal, not only for the person who prepared it, but also as a way to give thanks to the cultivation of the ingredients as well. So, in a sense, “I humbly receive” anime and all the food it has to offer!
4. Do you prefer shounen or shoujo anime?
5. What’s the worst decision you ever made?
Thinking I could catch a slipping tray of pies pulled straight from the oven with my bare arm. The pies survived. My arm was nicely seared.
6. What’s your favourite anime opening song?
Oh, there are so many good ones! Today I’ll choose Shell by Bana, the opening for Witch Hunter Robin!
7. Is anime or manga better?
When done well, I like anime better, if only because I like seeing the whole package… animation, music, sound effects, voice acting, etc… I love how anime brings things to life!
8. What’s the worst anime you’ve watched?
Discounting anime I have outright dropped, I would say Blood-C because it was so repetitive and boring, taking 12 episodes to go absolutely nowhere. What a troll. Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam would also be high on this list.
9. Why did you decide to create a blog?
After years of being inspired to try new recipes by all the wonderful food featured in anime, I decided to share what I’ve learned with others! I also wanted to be more involved in the anime community and try to contribute to it in a positive way. I hope I’ve succeeded so far…
10. What’s your favourite food?
11. What’s your favourite genre for anime?
Action fantasy/sci-fi adventure with a touch of romance? Basically something like Scrapped Princess, Twelve Kingdoms, or Princess Mononoke…
Update (July, 2015): I was nominated for another Liebster Award from the wonderful blogger at The Garbage Man Reviews! Thank you! Also, sorry it took me so long to answer your questions…. Please pay their great site a little visit, and check out my answers to their questions below!
1: 2D or 3D?
2D anime, 3D husbando.
2: What was the anime/game/book/whatever that took you most by surprise, whether positively or negatively?
For anime, I think I was quite surprised by Princess Mononoke, which was the first anime I ever saw in theatres on the big screen, and was the first time I ever considered that anime could be used to tell a mature story void of any fan service, stupid comedy, or random romantic subplots. It probably helps that I went into it pretty blind (didn’t see any trailers or read anything about it before seeing it), so I ended up being blown away by it all.
3: Windows, Mac, or Linux?
4: What is your guilty pleasure anime/game/whatever?
5: If you could meet one voice actor/actress, who would it be and why?
Uh… I know I should be more knowledgeable about this subject, but I seriously cannot name any voice actors/actresses. Maybe the person who voiced Sakura in Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun? Her voice was so cute!
6: What is your biggest regret in life?
Usually my regrets center around things like not buying that pair of shoes I really liked or not visiting some museum while I was in a foreign country simply because it was a bit expensive/it was an extra cost, or not talking to someone because I was feeling shy. In the end, I’ve learned that moments are fleeting, so living in the moment and going all out can be good to do.
7: Time travel or teleportation?
TELEPORTATION!!! Oh, please grant me the power of teleportation!!! Please, please, please….
I live far from the city I grew up in, and many of my friends and family live all around the world… It would be beyond amazing to be able to pop back for a quick dinner with my parents, spend the day with my cute baby niece, or go visit my friends whenever I wanted to! Also… free travel around the world? Count me in!
8: Who is your least favorite character?
I remember really disliking Renton from Eureka Seven when I watched it… He was just so whiny and annoying. And, Eureka herself wasn’t much better, being so bland. Actually I don’t think I liked anyone in that series (those little kids were especially irritating!), except for maybe Anemone.
9: In a general sense, are you a sadist or a masochist?
10: What is your favorite musical genre?
Maybe… Indie rock? I feel like that term means nothing and everything now. Perhaps indie folk is more specific. Also, I like me some baroque pop (yea, I had to look that one up… I can’t believe there’s a term for it) and electronic here and there.
11: What is your least favorite food?
Melons. Watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew…. I hate them all equally and universally.
So, there we have it! Hope you enjoyed all the questions and answers! Now for my nominations for the Liebster Award:
I hope you check out these great blogs, and definitely check out Otaku Daydreams!
And, these are my questions for this next batch of award recipients:
- How did you get into anime?
- Why did you decide to start a blog?
- What is your “unpopular anime opinion”?
- Do you prefer watching a series on a weekly basis as it airs, or marathoning it all at once?
- If you could change one thing about anime, what would it be?
- Apples or oranges?
- What is your favourite anime OST?
- Has anime inspired you to do anything (habits, hobbies, etc.)?
- What is your “guilty pleasure” anime?
- What did you eat last night for dinner?
- Where would you like to travel to next?